Welcome to the blog devoted to brass playing and classical music. A blog by two brass teachers: Matt Hurley and Doug Battson.

Monday, June 28, 2004

A Good Time in Ashland

From The Herald-Dispatch:
As far as Quentin Sharpenstein of Louisville is concerned, good music, a quaint setting, an appreciative audience and beautiful weather Saturday afternoon made for one incredible day at the 9th annual Ashland Brass Band Festival.

"The brass band holds a special place in my heart," Sharpenstein said. "Brass band music has grown and grown. I prefer to play outdoors. It’s an incredible day. The people here really appreciate the music. The chamber of commerce did a good job with the weather, too."

An elementary school teacher from Louisville, Sharpenstein has been playing music since he was in the fifth grade.

The former Louisville Manual High School band director is now a member of the Derby City Brass Band. The Louisville brass band was among six bands to play at the Central Park bandstand Saturday.
Nothing quite like a nice day and a brass band in the park. I wish I had known about this one, it was relatively close enough that I could have gone; and I'm certainly sorry I missed it as it sounds as if it was a great time with great music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home